You must do the things you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Predictions

This won't be a legitimate update. Not really. Just thought it would interest some of you to know that I have a stock (and weather) prediction project in my numerical analysis class. We're using Lagrange Polynomials, Hermite Interpolation, and Cubic Spline Interpolation, among other methods, to predict an already known price of AAPL stock. We'll then compare the approximation with the actual price and thus calculate the error.

BTW: I definitely wouldn't recommend using Lagrange Polynomials for calculating future stock prices. I probably wouldn't use any of these methods for serious stock analysis (especially when depending only on closing prices), but I'll leave that until all has been calculated.

No comments:

Post a Comment