You must do the things you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brian Tracy's Seven Rules to Success

Last night a friend and I were talking about achieving success. She is doing missionary work throughout the United States and has taken many courses on success and various related subjects; she hopes to become a youth leader. Because of this, and the fact that I respect and appreciate her advice, I thought I would share her book suggestion: Maximum Success by Brian Tracy.

While scouring the internet for a copy After driving to the book store to pick up a copy, I found an inspiring (and interesting) motivational speech on YouTube given by Brian Tracy. If you fast forward to ~2:15 in the video below you will get his Seven Rules To Success. I would also recommend the story he tells and the speech he gives in the first three videos. His adventure crossing the Sahara Desert as a young man is humorous, encouraging and insightful.


(Rules begin at ~2:15)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Brian Tracy's Seven Rules To Success:

1. Take Action.
2. Always forward, never backward.
3. The only time you have is NOW.
4. Fly with the eagles.
5. Obstacles and difficulties come not to obstruct, but to instruct.
6. Be clear on your goals. Keep your mind open.
7. No one does it alone.

2 comments:

  1. ;) @ "scouring the internet" ... pdf books are the way forward.

    He of course is inspiring & wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I love PDFs =D

    ReplyDelete