You must do the things you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Inspiration from Jordan

Why not take some advice from a great? Some quotes from Michael Jordan on success:
- "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

- "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome."

- "I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results."

- "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."

- "I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder next time."

- "My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."

- "If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

- "I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result."

- "Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation."

And two quintessential MJ videos:



No comments:

Post a Comment