You must do the things you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, November 16, 2009

Poker +$1.13

I played some poker this evening for a little over an hour. I struggled for the first half hour to get back up to break even after several losses. Then I managed to get some good action on some sweet hands. My anger is my main problem; you can't let emotion control you in this game (just like in trading). If you let your anger dictate your play instead of your reason, you're going to end up betting much too frequently and right into other players' good hands. Luckily I got my emotions under control and managed a good +$1.13 evening. At these stakes, that is not bad at all (note: I played at three different tables, but only had two open at any given time...Monday evening is normally not the most attractive time to play).

(edit: changed the chart's dates. I had it starting on Saturday rather than Friday of last week. That has been fixed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment